Financial Strategies for Successful Retirement ®
Investing a few hours of your time at our Financial Strategies for Successful Retirement ® course can pay off immediately. Gain confidence in your financial decision- making ability so that later on you may be better prepared to face the challenges and enjoy the rewards retirement can bring.
The course may help you answer these questions:
- How can I plan for a comfortable retirement?
- Can I retire early?
- How can I manage my tax liability?
- Are there ways to potentially reduce my exposure to financial risk?
- How can I use stocks, mutual funds, bonds, and other investment vehicles?
- How can I provide for my heirs?
This course will be relevant if you are nearing retirement, already retired, or just beginning to develop your retirement plan. The information you receive is completely educational, objective, and factual. The course material will help you assess your current situation and develop a personalized plan to help pursue your retirement goals.
Key Concepts Covered
• Setting retirement goals
• Barriers to financial success
• The power of compounding
• The effects of inflation
• Tax reduction strategies
• Making your money last
Your Retirement Income
• Social Security benefits
• 401(k) plans
• Employer-sponsored retirement plans
• Traditional and Roth IRAs
• Required minimum distributions
• Systematic withdrawal programs
• Potentially managing risk
• Health insurance and Medicare
• Disability income insurance
• Long-term care
• Changing life insurance needs
• Pension maximization and life insurance
• Importance of emergency reserves
• Traditional cash reserves
• Government securities
• Municipal and corporate bonds
• Equity investment overview
• Common and preferred stock
• Mutual funds
• Tax-deferred annuities
• Asset allocation techniques
• Are you ready for retirement?
• Stress and retirement
• The new “working” retirement
• Importance of estate planning
• Understanding probate
• Transferring your assets
• Revocable living trusts
• Tax reduction techniques